Week 1 : Introduction of Sustainable development

 Assalamualaikum w.b.t everyone!

Welcome back to my blog! I am grateful for the time you have invested in reading my blog post 😊

    For the first week in our UNGS 1201 class, I have known what actually the purpose of studying this subject. Before we getting into the details, I would like to thank my lecturer, Prof. Dr. Suhaimi, for giving me an opportunity to write a blog.

    Before this, I really do not have any idea of what sustainable development really is. After this first class, I finally know that Sustainable development is the organizing principle for meeting human development goals while simultaneously sustaining the ability of natural systems to provide the natural resources and ecosystem services on which the economy and society depend. Therefore, it’s remain me so much with my hometown at Sabah.

    My hometown is somewhere we find our inner peace. Arrays of trees, minimal air pollution, sea, and puddles, the patch of green lands marks the boundaries of any village. What I love most about my quaint little hometown of Tanjung Batu Laut, Tawau, Sabah is that it's still got a very old town charm to it. Not a lot of corporate ladders to climb over here, and a lot of people still lead very simple lifestyles. A far cry from a metropolitan city. This is why I still consider myself as a small town "kampung" girl at heart.


    The main occupation here is fishing and agriculture. There are many large fisheries that supply fishes to the local markets in town. Fishes like grouper, tuna, red snapper and prawns are auctioned and sent to various markets in the city. We can enjoy fresh seafood everyday here!

Did you ever heard “Being near water really does make us happier”?

     I do really agree about it, research has shown that being near, in, on or under water can provide a long list of benefits for our mind and body, including lowering stress and anxiety, increasing an overall sense of well-being and happiness, a lower heart and breathing rate, and safe, better workouts. Lives in ‘water village’ make me realize that the ocean holds the key to sustainable development. like what I have studied the goals of sustainable development.


That's all from me for now, Thank you !!!


ehhhh wait...

    **here fact about me: I'm 21, but still don't know how to swim even I lives in “kampung di atas air/ water village”huhu  (shhhh it’s our secret to keep ok)

***

Comments

  1. Subhanallah, such a great place to live! I bet you must have a very nice and warm neighbourhood! Anyway, nice job when you are trying to engage with readers about your secret :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, Sabah has a beautiful environment!! I was born in Sabah but never went for a walk in Sabah huhu 😭 hopefully after covid, I can go there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good sharing niza. Water is so important for our life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment